These stuffed mushrooms are such a hit every time I make them (which is usually for Superbowl Parties or family get-togethers). While at the Campbell market, I came across some gorgeous button mushrooms that were the perfect size for stuffed shrooms. I couldn’t resist buying a couple to make for our little family dinner (of 2 and a half).
Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Chive Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lb crimini or white button mushrooms (stems removed by plucking the stems out of the cap)
- 1 package (8 0z) cream cheese (leave out of the fridge for 15 minutes to soften)
- ~6 oz of Harley Farms Fromage Blanc or any soft chevre goat cheese (leave out of the fridge for 15 minutes to soften)
- 7-8 pieces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, minced (about 1/4 cup) and extra for garnishing (if desired)
- 1 cup panko (japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesean
Preheat oven to 400˚F
Sauté the shallots over medium heat in a bit of olive oil until softened (about 3 minutes). Add garlic and cook for another minute.
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and goat cheese until combined. Add the chopped proscuitto, shallots and garlic, chives, a bit of pepper. Stir to combine.
In another bowl, combine the panko, parmesean and the extra chives with a bit of freshly cracked pepper.
Stuff the mushrooms and dip in panko:
Using a table spoon, generously fill each mushroom cap. Dip the top of each mushroom in the panko mixture, and then put on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle the mushroom tops with olive oil.
Bake the mushrooms in a 400˚ oven for 12-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Serve warm. This batch didn’t even make it to the platter. We ate them straight from the cookie sheet.