It’s a bit healthy and a bit savory but really good and great with fried rice or just steamed rice. It has some of the flavors of a Chinese dish (soy, ginger and garlic) but it’s not as oily as most Chinese veggies dishes I’ve had. Give it a try. Even the hubby liked it!
Tofu and Eggplant
* Firm tofu, cut into 1″ x 1″ cubes
* 1 eggplant, cut into 1″ x 3″ wedges
* 1-2 TBSP veggie oil for roasting eggplant
* 1 TBSP for frying spices and veggies
* 1 TBSP tomato paste
* 2 garlic cloves minced
* 1″ piece of ginger minced
* 3- 4 TBSP soy sauce
* 3 – 4 TBSP water
* 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
* chili flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle eggplant with oil. Roast the eggplant on a cookie sheet for 8-10 mins.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, ginger and chili if using. Cook for 2 mins over medium heat. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 min. Add roasted eggplant, tofu, red bell pepper, soy and water. Cook covered for 3-5 mins. Taste and adjust for more soy or more water.