This is a great sandwich for parties. The briny olive salad cuts through the rich provolone and fatty salami. And ham, I mean, come on!!
These are French rolls made by Safeway and they’re perfect since they don’t get soggy but aren’t too crunchy. Your belly and the roof of your mouth will thank you.
Party Sandwiches (Mufalettas)
- Olive salad (see below)
- 1 lb of thinly sliced salami
- 1 lb of thinly sliced ham (I like Boarshead)
- 1/2 lb of sliced provolone
- 3 packs of Safeway French rolls (4 in each) or other
- 1 cup green pimento olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalmata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Mix it all together.
Assemble sandwiches with 2 heaping tablespoons of olive salad, 1 piece of provolone, 3 slices of ham and about 6-8 slices of salami.
Cut and serve with a side of giardiniera pickled veggies.