This cookie recipe never fails me. It’s so good and never lasts more than a couple days in the cookie jar. Make some with nuts and others without and tell me which ones you prefer.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Credit to Smitten Kitchen again!
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) (115 grams) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (130 grams) pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F (150C).
Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts if you’re including.
Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon (5cm) balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches (10cm) apart, on each of the baking sheets.
Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
I’ve refrigerated cookie dough balls to cook later (these are delicious freshly baked). They worked out great and just require that you bring them to room temp before baking.