Ya’ll. Poke. That “e” ain’t silent on this one. It’s refreshing and filling and a perfect way to end summer. Go out and get some sushi grade tuna today and make it.
- 1/2 lb sushi grade ahi tuna, cubed into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced super fine
- 1/2” piece fresh ginger, minced super fine
- 2 green onion, sliced thinly
- Shiso leaves (optional)
- Avocado, sliced thinly
- Pickled ginger
- Wasabi paste
- Fried wonton wrapper (or I was able to score these fried lotus chips that were wasabi flavored)
Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil together. Taste and adjust for your preferred flavor. Add fish and red onions to a bowl. Add marinade and refrigerate for 20 mins.
Arrange plate, add fish and top with furikake. Enjoy by itself or with sushi rice.