Warning: this recipe is extremely addictive for “healthy eaters.”
Healthy eater definition: Someone who loves salads, snacks on fruits, has eaten kale and liked it. This does not however mean that they don’t indulge in the double-double every now and again. And this doesn’t mean that they ever skip dessert for any other reason than being too full.
Warning continued: if you don’t care for the greens, you should probably skip to the next non-salad recipe.
PS I have no idea why it’s “coastal”. Our neighborhood grocery store inspired the recipe and that’s what they call it. Ha!
Coastal Kale Salad
* 1 bunch of dinosaur kale, stems removed and rough cut into ~1 1/2″ pieces.
* 1 handful micro greens or pea shoots
* juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
* 2 – 3 TBSP braggs amino acids
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* a few shakes of chia seeds
* a few shakes of Pepitas or pumpkin seeds no shells
* a few shakes of sunflower seeds no shells
* 1/4 red onion sliced super thin
Mix the wet ingredients in a separate jar. Cover and shake. Add more aminos if it needs more umami.
Mix other ingredients in another bowl. Add the dressing just until the kale looks shiny.
Chill and serve.