This is the simplest recipe that results in the kind of curry non-spicy lovers love. It’s full of veggies and protein of your choice.
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves or garlic, diced
- 3″ piece of ginger, peeled and diced
- 10 whole cardamom pods, smashed and seeds removed
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped and roasted
- 1 sweet potato, chopped and roasted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 small purple cabbage, chopped
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of green beans
- Extra firm tofu, chopped
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 and roast sweet potato and eggplant with a drizzle of oil and salt for 30 mins while you’re busy chopping and sautéing.
Sauté onions, garlic, ginger and cardamom seeds for 5 mins on medium in avocado oil or oil of your choice. Add carrots, cauliflower and spices. Cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add coconut milk and tomato purée. Cook for 10 mins. Add remaining veggies (except spinach) and protein (tofu in this case) and cook until veggies are just tender and protein is cooked. Add roasted veggies and spinach.
Serve over rice.