I absolutely thought these were glass noodles when I first ate this. But instead of rice, they’re made with kelp!!! Make this. It’s so satisfying and good.
Thai Kelp Noodle Salad
- 1 package kelp noodles (12 oz)
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- juice of 1 lemon
- Your choice of veggies and herbs: julienned cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, cilantro, basil, mint
- 1/2 cup almond or sunflower seed butter
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water (plus more if needed)
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Firm tofu, 1/4 block
Remove kelp noodles from package and place in a large bowl of water with the lemon juice and baking soda. Set aside and allow to soak for 15-20 minutes.
Puree the dressing ingredients together in the blender starting with the almond butter and ending with the water until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the kelp noodles very well, patting dry with a towel. In a large bowl toss the noodles with the dressing to coat well. Add in the rest of your chosen salad ingredients and again toss well.
Marinate the tofu in some extra sauce.