Make these when you have time because they’re delicious and they freeze well. I just pulled a bag out of the freezer for dinner added them to a pot of sauce and served it over spaghetti. So easy. They’re also great over polenta!
- 1 pound 80% fat ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 Tbsp Italian style breadcrumbs
- 6 Tbsp seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite marinara (more if you’d like more sauce. Up to 5 cups)
- Mozzarella for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- In a large bowl, mix meatball ingredients until evenly combined.
- Portion meatball mixture into 1/4 pound pieces, rolling into balls.
- Place meatballs in a large baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and top meatballs with the sauce. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 – 30 minutes, or until meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165˚F. If adding mozzarella, add 10 mins before pulling out of oven.