I posted a poke recipe before and it’s great. This time, I tried making a version we recently had in Oahu called the CA roll poke. It’s the perfect combination of fresh and decadent. Make this and eat it over rice or salad.
- 1/2 lb sushi grade ahi tuna, diced into 1/2” chunks
- 1/4 cup kewpie mayo
- 3 TBSP Sriracha
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 hot house English cucumber, super thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/4” chunks
- 1-2 TBSP tobiko
Mix mayo, sriracha, soy sauce and sesame oil. Taste and adjust to your liking (it will mellow a bit).
Combine tuna, veggies and sauce. Do not over mix or you’ll have smashed tuna and the avocado pieces will disappear
Refrigerate for at least 20 mins or up to 1 day.
Serve with shiso leaf, pickled ginger, and furikake, over rice or salad and wasabi lotus chips on the side if you can find them.