Ya’ll. Poke. That “e” ain’t silent on this one. It’s refreshing and filling and a perfect way to end summer. Go out and get some sushi grade tuna today and make it.
- 1/2 lb sushi grade ahi tuna, cubed into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced super fine
- 1/2” piece fresh ginger, minced super fine
- 2 green onion, sliced thinly
- Shiso leaves (optional)
- Avocado, sliced thinly
- Pickled ginger
- Wasabi paste
- Fried wonton wrapper (or I was able to score these fried lotus chips that were wasabi flavored)
Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil together. Taste and adjust for your preferred flavor. (I usually add a bit more sesame oil). Add fish and red onions to a bowl. Add marinate and refrigerate for 20 mins.
Arrange plate, add fish and top with furikake. Enjoy by itself or with sushi rice.