Remember those miso turnips that I made the other day? Leftovers found their way into this kimchi fried rice and it was perfect. Also, if you’ve got a pork chop or steak or chicken, grill it right quick and add that on the plate too. This can be a main meal or just a side to your protein. It’s tangy and spicy and the perfect amount of probiotics. I ate mine with a fried egg on top because – chickens in my backyard are laying, laying, laying.
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 1- 2 carrots, cut Julianne
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- Precooked veggies of choice, I used miso turnips
- 2″ knob of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kimchi (I love either makin my own or buying from Wise Goat Organics)
- Canola oil
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP gochujan (we use it on everything. Make this a staple)
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP kimchi juice
- Toppings of choice (fried egg, nori, black sesame seeds, green onion, steak…all of the above)
In a bowl, mix gochujan, soy sauce, sesame oil and kimchi juice. Set aside
Heat a bit of canola oil in a large skillet. Cook onion, carrots, garlic and ginger. Until tender. Add rice and kimchi and pour over gochujan mixture. Fry for 2 mins.
Note: The key is sauce to rice to veggie ratio and everyone has different preferences. I like a slightly sticky rice with lots of veggies. But, you’re the chef. You decide what’s best for you.
Serve as a side or main. Top with whatever you fancy.